Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Countdown

Here is a fun homemade Christmas countdown calendar idea! I have seen this idea many places online and my family made one last year. I wanted to share!
Start with a blank canvas (I found this one at Wal-mart). I cut out 24 squares 3inX3in from black paper. Then I cut another 24 squares 2 3/4 inX2 3/4 in from pattern paper. I glued the pattern paper squares on top of the black squares, then glued all of them onto the canvas. I also glued on letter stickers and more pattern paper to decorate the top of the countdown calendar.

I bought 24 small tins from Wal-mart (found in the wedding supply section) and wrapped pattern paper (1/2 in thick) around each tin, glued a circle on the lid, and topped it with the numbers 1-24. The last step is to simply stick velcrow circles to each square and to the bottom of each tin so that the tin will stick onto each square.

You can fill each tin with little items for your toddler, such as stickers, candy, small little toys etc.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...